The location of the apiary is a determining factor for the success of beekeeping.
Before installing your hives, you must pay attention to some very important factors:
- the availability of water and flora
- you should try to protect the bees from strong winds and excessive humidity
- access should be easy, in order to save as much time as possible and reduce work.
- beehives should be at least 200/300 meters away from any kind of housing, busy roads and some animal husbandry to guarantee the safety of people and animals
- the apiary must be at least 5 km away from another apiary, to make sure bees from different apiaries don’t cross diseases or other problems
- you should keep your apiary clean at any moment to provide the safest environment possible for bees.
B-Hive collect important data from your beehives so you can have access to everything happening with your beehives in real time and be notified if something goes wrong.